In a plot of sixty hectares of vineyard owned and located in Mambrilla de Castrejón. The different plots from which this wine comes are located between 790 and 850 meters above sea level and have gravel soil and a clay bottom. The orientation of the plots is South - Southeast, which gives them protection from the thermal contrasts typical of the Ribera del Duero.
After a manual and careful harvest, the clusters arrive at the facilities and the first step after reception is to carry out a meticulous selection of the grapes on the table.
The production room is equipped with stainless steel tanks of various volumes, adapted to the needs of the tasks and phases of winemaking. The first, maceration, an essential process at a controlled temperature and very careful, since it is here where the aromatic and phenolic substances pass from the skins to the must, and will be key to determining the characteristics of our future wine.
After maceration, alcoholic fermentation occurs. We use native yeasts during this process, which will give our wines characteristic nuances of the terroir of origin. As for malolactic fermentation, it is carried out in stainless steel tanks, except in the case of signature wines. For this type of wine, this second fermentation is carried out in new French oak barrels, giving the wines another type of profile, more aromatic and with a different development and evolution from the rest of the wines in our winery.
It should be noted that throughout the process our wines are made organically, without chemical additives, in the most natural way possible.
- YEAR: 2021 Qualified as an excellent vintage, due to a start with very cold temperatures, snowfall and rain, followed by high temperatures at the beginning of spring, which brought forward the sprouting of the vines.
- VISUAL TASTING: Attractive cherry red color.
- OLFATIVE TASTING: Ripe red fruits stand out with soft tones of fine and toasted wood.
- TASTE IN MOUTH: It is intense, pleasant and very balanced, where the wood does not take away from the fruit.
Ideal with lamb, traditional roasts, grilled meats, medium or strong cheeses and Iberian sausages. Contains sulfites.
- VARIETY: 100% Tinta del País
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14º
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16º
- PACAKGING: Bordeaux bottle
- VOLUME: 0,75L